Tuesday 19 April 2011

And so, the Blogging begins...

I said for quite a while that I wouldn't start a Blog.  That it felt a tad narcissistic to self-publish my inner thoughts and musings in the vain hope that others would find them interesting enough to read and comment on my insightful and incisive commentary. 

For me the art of journalling has always been a private and inward discipline which rewards the writer in years to come when, chancing upon an old journal stuffed in a cupboard, one has the chance to reflect on either the depth of thought contained therein and the lessons since learned, or to wonder at how such inane matters were so all consuming at the time of putting pen to paper (the latter of which has been my experience more than the former).

But, I have been challenged recently by a few friends who have amazing Blogs that engage me and enrich me - and give me valuable insights into the things that are important to them.  I have become more aware of the fact that I have things that I am thinking about which might have otherwise been consigned to the private pages of my journal and that, whilst many may wish them to stay firmly there, some of these ideas and musings and ponderings may grow and be challenged and shaped by a more public airing...and others may be revealed to be utter drivel by the mere act of shining a light on them.  This, I welcome. I am also aware that, hopefully, the more I write the better a writer I become and, again, this I welcome.

And so...the act of blogging begins.
Welcome to my ponderings

No comments:

Post a Comment