Tuesday 31 December 2013

where we bid farewell to 2013...



Well, 2013, you have been an absolute BLAST.

Seriously, this year has been one of the most crazily adventure filled, flying by the seat of my pants, exhilarating and exhausting, risk and faith filled years of my life so far.

My word for the year 2013 was ‘PURPOSED’, and I have tried to live into the fullness of that word with every fibre of my being…

I have leant further into the calling of ‘writer’ upon my life, and chosen to be intentional about investing time and energy into that calling – particularly in the first 6 months of the year. I joined a community of writers in ‘Story’, learning more about the what and why of the rhythm of a writing life. I finished my first Childrens Book, wrote a couple of chapters for another book, wrote words in other spaces, and learned more about the heartbeat of weaving story.

There have been adventures in Cambodia, Vietnam, Paris and Iceland…which included spending time in a Cambodian Police Station. It was all a misunderstanding. On their part. Honest.

I got to adventure with a part of our community as we journeyed to see some of the wider family in Uganda & Rwanda, with chances to learn and join our lives with those of our friends  in beloved Mama Africa. I got to see our young people press into the callings of the Kingdom of God in ways that still bring tears to my eyes.

The last third of the year was the most whirlwind mixture of Joy, Fear, Risk, Dreams Coming True, Exhaustion and Fulfilment that I think it is possible to feel all in one go as our very first HOME Venue opened her doors in Lightmoor Village, Telford, at the start of November (www.theHOMEorganisation.com).
 
I feel as though I have learned more about being true to vision & calling, having faith in the face of all odds going against you, patience, flexibility, the power of deep breaths and just keeping on going, than I ever thought would be possible to learn in such a short space of time.
 
I don’t think I have ever been this tired. Ever.

And the lessons just keep on coming.

But, every time a wave threatens to overwhelm, I get to stand back to back with my fabulous sister & business partner, survey the land and whisper, ‘we got to breathe life into this’. And, to be honest, even in the midst of some of the biggest (pardon the language) shit-storms that inevitably happen whenever you decide to leap into the adventure of Risk, there is Joy to be found that is unparalleled.

Something now exists that did not exist before.

I think it’s what we were all made for you know.

To dream and risk and leap and create and sow and love and shout into the darkness until life springs up, and then to nurture that life until all manner of things are birthed.

To be free to be all we were created to be, and to beckon others into that freedom.

To live PURPOSED lives.

Farewell 2013.

I may well sleep through your ending, but I wouldn’t have missed (most of) you for the world.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment